On Monday, Politico reported that Democratic congressional leaders have sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray demanding a briefing on foreign efforts to target members of Congress as part of an influence campaign.
“Among the Democrats’ concerns is that a Senate investigation being led by Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has become a vehicle for ‘laundering’ a foreign influence campaign to damage Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, according to two people familiar with the demand,” reported Natasha Bertrand. “Though the letter did not mention the Johnson investigation, it included a classified addendum that the two sources say identified the probe as one of the sources of their concern.”
The letter was signed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA), and Senate Intelligence Committee ranking member Mark Warner (D-VA).
Johnson, who chairs the Senate Homeland Security Committee, opened the investigation ostensibly to audit the origins of the Russia investigation in the previous administration. But even some Republicans have raised concerns that the overly political nature of the probe will backfire on them.
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Popular Posts This Week
- PORNSTAR’S REAL NAMES REVEALED
- Jews Control the Media
- Compilation of Celebrities Talking About How Dead Jewish Comedian Bob Saget Was a Child Rapist
- Netanyahu is considering a plea deal in his corruption cases that could bar him from politics for years, reports claim
- EU official says the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s annual antisemitism list has gone too far
- Jewish AG Merrick Garland Creates ‘Domestic Terrorism Unit’ to Go After American Citizens As ‘Terrorists’
- Former POTUS Bill Clinton: “This Massive Ecostructure of Hating Jews has Now Gone Viral”
- Protocols of Zion: Protocol XVI – Brainwashing
- Protocols of Zion: Protocol XIV – Assault on Religion
- UK: Judges Refuse to Deport Afghan Convicted Rapist Out Of Fear The Taliban May Harshly Punish Him