President Donald Trump has been touting the anti-malaria drug chloroquine phosphate as a possible solution for the treatment of the coronavirus. It isn’t a cure nor is it a prophylactic for the coronavirus. It also hasn’t been tested and because people are buying it up, scientists are having trouble finding it so they can test it.
The anti-malarial medication of hydroxychloroquine sulfate.
Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life
A Florida man diagnosed with coronavirus claims he was saved from certain death by an anti-malarial drug touted as a possible treatment by President Trump. Rio Giardinieri, 52, told Los Angeles’
“Medical toxicologists and emergency physicians are warning the public against the use of inappropriate medications and household products to prevent or treat COVID-19. In particular, Banner Health experts emphasize that chloroquine, a malaria medication, should not be ingested to treat or prevent this virus,” reported the Banner Health system.
“Given the uncertainty around COVID-19, we understand that people are trying to find new ways to prevent or treat this virus, but self-medicating is not the way to do so,” said Dr. Daniel Brooks, who works at Banner’s Poison and Drug Information Center as medical director. “The last thing that we want right now is to inundate our emergency departments with patients who believe they found a vague and risky solution that could potentially jeopardize their health.”
The man who died was in his 60s and his wife is in critical condition after both of them ingested chloroquine phosphate. The chemical is an additive frequently used to clean fish tanks, though it is unclear if that’s how they obtained it. While they may sound the same, chloroquine is different from hydroxychloroquine as the latter is a less toxic derivative of chloroquine.
There have been numerous chloroquine overdoses in Nigeria the wake of Trump’s comments.
“We are strongly urging the medical community to not prescribe this medication to any non-hospitalized patients,” said Dr. Brooks.
Monday, March 23, 2020
Popular Posts This Week
- PORNSTAR’S REAL NAMES REVEALED
- Jews Control the Media
- Former POTUS Bill Clinton: “This Massive Ecostructure of Hating Jews has Now Gone Viral”
- Jewish AG Merrick Garland Creates ‘Domestic Terrorism Unit’ to Go After American Citizens As ‘Terrorists’
- Netanyahu is considering a plea deal in his corruption cases that could bar him from politics for years, reports claim
- Jewish charities among top funders of Islamophobia, says report by Muslim civil rights group
- Protocols of Zion: Protocol XIV – Assault on Religion
- EU official says the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s annual antisemitism list has gone too far
- Protocols of Zion: Protocol XVI – Brainwashing
- Compilation of Celebrities Talking About How Dead Jewish Comedian Bob Saget Was a Child Rapist